Access guidelines for contributing code and testing Lustre® along with developer resources and tools.
Contributing to Lustre® technology
- See for information about how to select a project, find a bug to fix, help with Lustre testing, or contribute to the Lustre user documentation.
- Read the Lustre and sign and return a Contributor Agreement.
- Join, post to, and search for developers, administrators, and users.
Developing your code...
- See for how to download Lustre code.
- See for how to install and build a working version of Lustre.
- See for how to apply Lustre patches to an unpatched kernel and how to modify an existing kernel patch.
- Follow Lustre to avoid problems when merging your code.
- Use the Lustre guidelines to add reference documentation to your Lustre code contribution.
Debugging and testing your code...
- See for procedures to verify the code works before you submit it.
Submitting your code...
- See to find out how to submit your changes to be reviewed for acceptance into a mainline Lustre branch.
- provides access to presentations and design documents describing Lustre features currently under development by the Lustre engineering team.
- The contains older architecture and design documents including feature and architectural descriptions, high-level design documents and detailed-level design documents.
- Lustre describes each of the subsystems in the Lustre code.
Questions or Comments?
If you have questions or comments about how you can contribute or about any of the procedures on this page, please let us know.