This site, wiki.lustre.org, is the main community repository for Lustre information. Consult the sidebar for links to major Lustre topics.
Learn more about Lustre at http://www.lustre.org.
Lustre Enables High Performance, Massively Scalable Storage
Lustre is an open-source, distributed parallel file system software platform designed for scalability, high-performance, and high-availability.
Lustre is purpose-built to provide a coherent, global POSIX-compliant namespace for very large scale computer infrastructure, including the world's largest supercomputer platforms. It can support hundred's of petabytes of data storage and hundreds of gigabytes per second in simultaneous, aggregate throughput. Some of the largest current installations have individual file systems in excess of fifty petabytes of usable capacity, and have reported throughput speeds exceeding one terabyte/sec.
Introduction to Lustre
- Lustre Architecture (PDF)
- Learn about core Lustre concepts and architecture
- Lustre 101
- Introductory "course" on Lustre usage and administration
Lustre Systems Administration
- Lustre Systems Administration Guide
- Practical instruction on installation and configuration of production-ready Lustre storage clusters
- LNet Router Configuration Guide
- Lustre and Storage Benchmarking Guide
- Tools to demonstrate the capabilities of the file system and highlight potential defects in the infrastrcuture supporting Lustre
- Robinhood Policy Engine
- Data management platform for large-scale file systems
- Integrated Manager for Lustre
- Deployment, management and monitoring platform for Lustre file systems
- "How to" articles, including how to compile the Lustre software from source code
Contributing to the Lustre Project
- Mailing Lists
- Community Events World-wide
- The OpenSFS organization supports Lustre development.
- The OpenSFS Lustre Working Group (LWG) coordinates OpenSFS's Lustre efforts.
- Whamcloud community wiki
- Issue tracking and development task management
- Upstream Kernel Slack Workspace
- An invitation from the workspace admin is required (James Simmons).
Lustre Conferences lists past Lustre-related conferences such as LUG, LAD, SC, ISC, JLUG, CLUG, including presentations and videos when available.
For a complete list of past events, see the Events category page
See Lustre.org Infrastructure for information on the lustre.org and opensfs.org websites.
Note: The previous (now outdated) Lustre wiki is currently preserved for posterity at wiki.old.lustre.org.